Great emphasis has been placed on collegial support of staff.
There is strong commitment to supporting the learning and teaching of our students at all levels.
Supporting Learning And Teaching Through Skilling Parent Helpers
A Parent Helpers’ Programme has been established to train those who wish to assist in the classrooms. Helpers may assist small groups, work one to one, or work with the whole classroom setting.
Developing Learning And Teaching Through Supportive Programmes
Other special programmes provided at Trinity Catholic Primary School are:
- Specialist Programmes in The Arts (Music and Visual Art), Physical Education and Mandarin
- Reading Recovery for Year One Students
- Intervention Programmes - small group and one to one - in and out of the classroom
- An innovative Prep-Year 6 Literacy programme which includes the use of Digital Technologies
- Personalised learning
- Reading and Numeracy Support
- Individual Learning Plans (where appropriate)
- Inter-school sports
- Before and After School Care programme
- Outdoor Education Programme P-6 / Camp Programme P-6
- Sustainability Club
- Seasons Programme (For students who have experienced loss or grief)
- School Counsellor
- Premier's Reading Challenge
- Special events / community events
- Student Representative Council
- Transition Programmes - Kindergarten to Prep and Year 6 to Year 7
- Student Leaders Programme
- Programmes to engage parents in their child's learning such as Parent Information evenings, Classroom Community Conversations, Talking Circles and Whole school Community Conversations.
Taking Learning And Teaching Beyond The Classroom
Knowledge and skills developed in the classrooms are further supported and extended in programmes such as:
- Choir singing at local community events
- Bi-annual School Concert
- Bi-annual Art Show
- Home Learning established so parents and students have opportunities to learn together
- Trinity Learning Club which allows our students to attend Melbourne Grammar School on a Thursday evening for tutoring one to one with the Melbourne Grammar School students.
- School Twilight sports
- Cricket clinics
- Football clinics
- Lacrosse clinics
- Netball clinics
- Basketball clinics